Handmade sign by Chipper Nelly

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

OOOOh, Urrrrgh!


This is killing me! Only I am allowed to turn the new eggs now and I do it in record time. The humidity is right up and there is even some condensation on the side of the incubator. Have spent most of today going forwards and backwards looking for any signs of life (I know it is only day 20!) and standing in the quiet listening for any cheeping! Nothing yet.

Have charged the Flip video ready for any action and also have a camera standing by.
Don't think I made this much effort for my own children - certainly not by the time we got to number 3! He is lucky we didn't leave him on the bus!

I know the first question they are all going to ask me today is....HAVE THE CHICKS HATCHED?

It is great that we can all share in something so exciting (as long as the buggers hatch!)

Found this whilst researching. Shame that so many embryos/chicks died but never the less fascinating and great to show the children what goes on inside that egg!


As ever....will let you know!
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment