Handmade sign by Chipper Nelly

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hmmmmm!


Chicken house arrived today and is now cluttering up the dining room waiting to be painted! I re-candled the eggs tonight and am still not sure about some of them. Not helped by the fact that my candling torch keeps going dim while I am using it!

I was sure that I had seen a 'dot' in my egg on Tuesday but today no sign! In some of them there is a clear dot, but seemingly nothing in the others. This is the evening of Day 7 in the incubator. Will try again at the weekend and then if I still can't see anything I will get back in touch with Mark for advice/more eggs!

Fee and I went to Heaton Park Farm with 8 children yesterday! I was really over-excited when we reached the chicken enclosure. I began a 'how ace are these chickens?' rant at the children, only to find that my enthusiastic chicken keeping presentation had been upstaged by two female Alpacas who were getting very amorous, being VERY loud about it and during their cavorting, intermittently spitting at the assembled crowd of gobsmacked children. Fair enough I say - next to that sort of floor show most things appear dull! Even me!


Heaton Park Lovelies!





Lap Dancing, Spitting, Attention Seeking Alpacas!!



Al

No comments:

Post a Comment