Handmade sign by Chipper Nelly

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dreaming about chicks!

Can't believe I am even dreaming about them now! In my dream none of them hatched - let's hope it was not a premonition!

Had email from Mark to say he is sending new eggs tomorrow and he also answered all of the 3,000,000 questions I sent him!
Today's dilemma is around the humidity in the incubator. You have to have a certain level of moisture to allow the eggs to develop. Too little they die, too much they die! In the last few days you have to significantly increase the humidity for the final 'push'!

The instructions on my incubator are really vague and just suggest that you fill the designated spaces with water from day one - if this is the case then there is no capacity to increase the humidity later on.

Who would have thought it would be this complex? It would have been easier to just sit on them myself for 21 days. At this rate if any do hatch they will probably be wearing arm bands!

Must resist the urge to candle them again tonight - it is really addictive, but I am sure it can't be good for them!

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment